Pages

February 27, 2013

27th EDSA Revolution Celebration


What’s up RANTers?

I had my “up” when I woke up this morning. Ahahahaha! You are so G-R-E-E-N! Just kidding!


As you may all know, we just had the celebration of the EDSA People Power I last February 25, 2013. As part of the celebration, during the morning, we had an re-enactment of what happened twenty-seven years ago (Minus the guns of course. I know I wouldn’t want to get killed). It was a jam-packed event.

I just want to share to you guys what I experienced during this celebration of Filipino Freedom.

Just one word…

OVERWHELMING

I actually C-R-I-E-D (It’s a good thing that I’m wearing my sun glasses that time so my companions were not able to see my tears drop).

Hmm… How do I explain this feeling?

I was overwhelmed by the feeling of sense of fighting for the Filipino Freedom. I was overwhelmed with thanks because my parents were part of it. They actually fought for the freedom of their future children: me and my sister’s own F-U-T-U-R-E.

Damn, girl! I’m actually fighting back tears while typing this post.

I was actually imagining during that time how my parents joined the Filipino people in attacking the Malacañan Palace and removing the barbed wires around it. It’s like they’re saying “Remove this pain. Remove this horror” within themselves. (Fighting back tears here!)

The experience is just OVERWHELMING. I don’t have too many words for it. (Really?! I’ve posted this long before realizing I’ve no words for it? Weh?!)

So much for that stuff. Ahahahaha!

Then during the afternoon, we had our early ALAY LAKAD 2013.

I mean to say, FIRST BLOGGERS’ MEET at the Philippine Commision on Women.

(I said “early ALAY LAKAD 2013” because we had a L-O-N-G walk going to the venue. We walked from GATE 8 of the Malacañan Compund to GATE 3. *phew!*)

Hmm… How do I start? (I’m starting to notice that I’m always thinking on how to start a topic from another topic. Am I really thinking? Ahihihihi!)

During the meet, we watched a video about EDSA by Howie Severino.

In the video, Howie interviewed some street children. While hearing them say what they know about the monument at EDSA, I thought to myself that what these children know is just the bird’s eye view of EDSA.

“They’re like airplanes/birds flying over the sea/ocean. What they see is just the surface of the sea/ocean. They haven’t explored/seen its deepest trenches.”

This applies to the Millennium Kids. Why? They were not there to experience it. The EDSA Revolution happened last Millennium. They just heard the stories from that time. (I know I’m not but I know the feeling.)

Then during the meet, we discussed how we can come up with a project that can affect the youth or relate to the youth about EDSA. I liked the idea of one of the participants. Have some STATEMENT SHIRTS that correlates with EDSA such as “I Wear EDSA for…” then have a photo contest about it. (Is it like that or I just made it up myself? Oh, well.)

Sir Alvin Dakis said one thing that I L-I-K-E-D best.

What if they took a picture of themselves wearing nothing?

 I said, “I Wear EDSA for the NAKED TRUTH”. Oh, davah? Ahahahaha!

With that said, I thought of something different and rather enticing…

“I Wear EDSA for the Umbok ng Pag-asa

You think what you want to think. I already know that you are G-R-E-E-N. Buwahahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment