Pages

August 5, 2013

Your Style


Okay, so much about the title. This N-O-T going to be about FASHION STATEMENTS and all that RANTers but rather this will be about the LEARNING STYLE you have.

Before I start on RANTing about that, let me tell you about how I thought of doing this on my post.


Last Thursday, during one of my classes, Nr. Maristela Ann Mayuga talked about the learning styles of each individual person. During her discussion, she conducted the V.A.R.K. Test to each of us in the class (Minus the professor, of course. She already knows about this.).

After the Test, each of us evaluated our own selves on the learning style that each of us have. So after each of us in the class is done evaluating ourselves, Nr. Maristela explained to us what the results of the test mean. And this is what I G-O-T…

KINESTHETIC
~This is the one on TOP of my list. I learn best when there is a demonstration of the lesson itself and I would practice doing by myself rather than by listening to simple talks or lectures.  I mean, I totally get B-O-R-E-D when all the professor/teacher does is talk And whenever I study by myself, I do some W-E-I-R-D (And I do mean REALLY WEIRD.) gestures while talking to myself. It’s like I’m doing sign languages while RANTing.

READING
~Now this would be the second on my list of learning styles. I get better information about stuffs when I read about them rather than by asking a particular person about it (Except during chats on social media because I can go back to that message whenever I feel like doing so.). Because just by simply listening to the information would make me easily forget about it. So what I do about that is after I heard that information, I would be writing it down on a piece of paper or on my notebook.

VISUAL
~The third one on my list. I can easily get the information about a certain topic/lesson when I am able to see a picture or a video of it. I could not simply rely on words themselves. Just like during my childhood days, I would rather get a book that has LOTS of pictures in it (And I do mean a WHOLE PAGE of it.) rather than a book that has words only. I only started reading a novel when I was twelve years old. And that book would be “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” (GUILTILY CHARGED of being a Harry Potter geek/fanatic.).

AUDIO
~This would be the last one. Just like what I’ve RANTed a while ago, I don’t learn best when I simply listen to the lesson. BUT (And that’s a big one.) I can easily learn a certain language when I can read words of that language and listen to how it is pronounced. I mean, we learned to talk because we heard them, right? That’s how it goes for me.

I know that this post is not F-U-N stuff RANTers but I would just like to ask this…

What’s your style?

No comments:

Post a Comment