Pages

September 2, 2013

LeadeRN


Hello RANTers!

I know that it has been only a week since I’ve last posted here but I sure did miss you guys!

It has been an H-E-L-L (And I do mean it.) of a week for me last week. We had so much in our schedules last week. You can say that it was really a C-R-A-Z-Y (And to think that I’m not crazy enough.) schedule.

Anyway, that is not what this blog post is gonna be about but rather it’s gonna be more of this…


The TOWER

Got your attention now, did I?

Well to start RANTing about it, let me tell you guys how come I thought of doing a blog with such a petty little thing.

Last August 14, 2013, during one of my Masters class (Feels like I’m not taking one, right?), one of the presenters decided to have a bit of fun during his discussion and that includes running around the room, balloons, marshmallows, and spaghetti (Not the cooked one. That was not a party.).

Now, this is the game: We are to be divided into two groups and in each group we will have to find a partner to run around the classroom with a balloon in between one of our body parts. After that, our group have to build a “tower” with marshmallows and the uncooked spaghetti pasta.

It was difficult to build the “tower” at first. Lots of pasta breaking after sticking it in (Ooohh! I LURVE that statement.) the marshmallow. But the real challenge there is how to make the “tower” stand on its own.

There was no time limit in this activity but the first group who can make their “tower” stand on its own is the winner (And you guessed right who the winner is.).

Since we were running out of time for that class (The class scheduled in the evening, by the way.) and our classmate is not the only one who will discuss during that time, we rushed in doing each of our “tower” so that’s why our group’s “tower” isn’t sturdy enough (For me that is.). Then the discussion continued. As my classmate continues with his discussion, I stayed at the back of the room to make our “tower” sturdier.

Then came the idea of doing a blog about that “tower”.
As I was “improving” the sturdiness of our “tower”, I kind of meditated (Not the kind in which you hum sounds and close your eyes.) on it.

Each marshmallow symbolizes a person and each of the spaghetti pasta symbolizes “CONNECTION” and the tower itself represents or symbolizes a group (Do you now have an idea where I’ll be getting to?).

The “tower” cannot stand on its own with just one marshmallow and one spaghetti pasta. Neither can it stand with two marshmallows and one spaghetti pasta. For the tower to stand, a lot of marshmallows and a lot of spaghetti pastas have to be used.

In other words, a group or an organization cannot stand on its own with just two or three people working for it. A group or an organization has to make LOTS OF CONNECTIONS with different kinds of people for it to be able to stand because each person and his/her connection with another person would be the VERY FOUNDATION of the organization itself. They should be SUPPORTING EACH OTHER for the group to survive.

What if one of the persons in the group decided to break his/her connection with another just because of some petty little conflict? Will the group be “STURDIER” or “WEAKER”?

Even though there are some marshmallows that are above the other marshmallows, it won’t be able to stay there unless those marshmallows are supported by the other marshmallows below them. In other words, if a person in who is in a very high position (The TOP position.), such as the government or some other official, who decided to cut his/her connections with others, especially the ones below them, then they’re the ones who are creating their own downfall and the downfall of the group. It is just a matter of RESPECT and HUMILITY.

Before I end this blog post, I would just like to leave a question in your minds…

How are your connections (Not internet connection or whatsoever.) now?

Picture not owned by the blogger.

1 comment:

  1. "In other words, a group or an organization cannot stand on its own with just two or three people working for it."

    - I so love this line! #boom #pak #batobatosalangit #bukol

    ReplyDelete