Pages

April 28, 2014

EGGciting

Hello, hello RANTers!

I know, I know. I’ve been away from my blog for two consecutive Mondays. Well, it’s just that I had a Social Media FASTING during the Holy Week, for I was also in our province that time, and I was effin’ tired from the TEN-HOUR BUS RIDE (Talk about sore ass.) from our province back here in Manila.


Temi jumped into my luggage while I was preparing my things.


So as much as possible, I will have a very L-O-N-G (Lurve it!) RANT for you guys.

Shall we get started on RANTing?


April 8, 2014 was the day that the Philippine Supreme Court (SC) decided upon the constitutionality of Republic Act 10354 a.k.a. the Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Act of 2012 (Woah!). The SC ruled that the RH Law is C-O-N-S-T-I-T-U-T-I-O-N-A-L in one way or another but also said that some provisions of the law are unconstitutional.

It was a W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L day for us Pro-RH Law peeps because for after more than a decade of fighting for the then known “RH Bill” to be passed into law, it can now be enacted and we now have the right to save the lives of mothers.

Then three days after the ruling of the Supreme Court on the constitutionality of the RH Law, I Tweeted @ProLifePhil about the GOOD NEWS.



To tell you guys the truth, I simply Tweeted them to know what their reaction will be. And as expected of them, they replied to my Tweet with that one.

Fast-forwarding to afternoon of Good Friday, I was watching the television to kill some time while waiting for the program that evening. Fortunately, they were broadcasting the “Siete Palabras” (Seven Last Words) in one of the Catholic Churches in Metro Manila. A person is assigned to do a reflection of one of the Seven Last Words and each person has to prepare a nine minute speech for that.

The FOURTH Last Word is being reflected upon by a lawyer that time and I was listening to what he has to say. Being a lawyer and for him to give a speech on this Last Word, I was kind of expecting him to say something about the recent SC ruling on the RH Law.

Well, what do you know? He did say something about the law. His E-X-A-C-T words were “..a law was even passed to prevent the passage of the child …”.

Honestly speaking, I laughed out loud that time.

First, I laughed because of his ignorance about the said law. Second, I laughed because he is not even a health professional to say that the law “prevents” the child from being born. And lastly, I laughed at him because I was wondering where the hell did he get his infos about this? I mean, seriously.

Then Easter Sunday came. There was a “Purple Party”, which I wasn’t able to attend for I was still in our province, in one of the houses of a very F-A-M-O-U-S RH Advocate in Metro Manila that time.

Since it was Easter Sunday, I immediately thought of the egg that represents that day. Then I contemplated on the idea of “eggs”.

Photo not owned by the blogger.

What is the representation of the egg during Easter Sunday?

Does it represent the idea of meat since we don’t get to eat meat (And not THAT kind of meat.) during the Holy Week?

We all know that during Easter Sunday, we celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus the Christ from the dead. But is it really the Resurrection of Jesus that we celebrate during Easter ONLY?

Let’s travel back through time and discuss a little something about Easter.

GODDESS EOSTRE
(Photo not owned by the blogger.)

Easter came from the name of a divinity, a German Goddess named “EOSTRE” whose totem animal was the HARE. Thus the celebration called OSTARA happens every year during the SPRING EQUINOX.

Eostre is a Goddess of fertility (human, earth, or animal), conception, and birth. One of her sacred symbols is the EGG.

In other words, Easter in itself is the celebration of LIFE.

I contemplated more on this idea then thought about WOMEN (Okay, I thought of them with regards to their reproductive health and not in an S-E-X-U-A-L way.).

The celebration of Easter this year is kind of special. This year, we did not only celebrate it with the usual “Easter Egg Hunting” (GRINDR or PlanetRomeo? You choose.) but also with “Egg Protecting”.

The ruling of the Supreme Court on the Reproductive Health Law coincided with the celebration of Ostara; a celebration of fertility, conception, and LIFE. It is a P-E-R-F-E-C-T timing.

This Easter, we did celebrate the LIFE of every woman and every child-to-be. We protected their rights to live, their rights to health, their rights to decide, and their rights as a human.

This Easter, we valued and cared for every EGG (cell) that wants to be or doesn’t want to be fertilized. We celebrated life as it is. We celebrate RH!

Photo not owned by the blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment