Pages

April 7, 2014

Blog Bloggity iBlog10

Hello again RANTers!

Okay, I know that the title of this RANT may sound familiar to all of you maybe because you’ve read my RANT about the 9th Philippine iBlog Summit a.k.a. iBlog9 at the UP Diliman last year. And yes, I’m gonna RANT about it again which gets me so darn E-X-C-I-T-E-D right now that I don’t know how to start this RANT (Will that be a first for me or what?).

So, let me get my cup of coffee and let’s get started on RANTing.


If you guys are a bit of lazy in reading my previous RANT about iBlog9 last year, then let us take a journey in the memory lane of mine (Because if we’ll be “travelling” inside my brain, that would be a bit of I-C-K-Y.).


I told on my RANT about iBlog9 that I was so excited and interested in attending the said event because for the VERY first time (In Forever? Anna, please go back home.) I will get to meet other bloggers other than that of the ones in PHBS.

Lo and behold! I did get to meet a few other bloggers at the said event. I was even surprised to the terms used during the talks of the speakers. But what surprised me even more is that there are other niches of blogging such as PARANORMAL BLOGGING, ANIME BLOGGING, and STAMP BLOGGING (Yup! Yup! You read that right.).

I was such a newbie back then. But this time around, I am not such a “newbie”.

Fast forwarding to a few weeks ago, Nr. Jose Andrelin Dela Cruz beeped me and my other fellow health bloggers that the 10th Philippine iBlog Summit a.k.a. iBlog10 or iBlogX will be happening soon and that the online registration for is already available.

That did it for me. Adrenalin rushed through my veins (Seriously speaking.)  and then voila! I successfully registered my name online.

And since it has been almost a year since I first attended this event, I thought to myself that maybe I could invite some fellow bloggers that I know other than the members of PHBS. So I messaged four of my Facebook friends whom I know have blogs (And two of them only attended. Hoorah!).

Since this is the first decade since iBlog started, I was expecting something B-I-G (And you guys perfectly know I love HUGE things.) this time.



The Queer RANTer's selfie in the VIBAL Booth.


Well, what do you know? Other than the food the organizers provided (I’m not there to eat to my heart’s content and I am not a FOOD BLOGGER.), they did prepare something big for this event; which includes having the GMA Network, PLDT, and SKY Cable as sponsors.

What else? They even got Mr. HOWIE SEVERINO (Well, GMA Network was one of the sponsors so what do you expect, somebody else from the other networks?) as one of the speakers of the event.

But other than those big sponsors and having Mr. Howie Severino speak, there are few other speakers that R-E-A-L-L-Y got my attention. And they would be Mr. Tonyo Cruz who discussed “Bloggers As Activists” and Dr. Bien Nillos who discussed “Why Should Doctors and Other Professionals Blog”.

How did these topics get my attention? Maybe because I am a health professional (Though it doesn’t show, I know.) and I am an LGBT Rights activist/advocate in one way or another.

One of the slides of Mr. Tonyo Cruz during his speak.


One of the slides of Dr. Bien Nillos during his speak.

Yes, it is true. Activism is standing up for the rights of something and of your own self. An activism-niched blog removes the “I” and “me” of blogging and replaces it with “we”, “our”, and “us”. It is more about what you stand up for and less of yourself. It is more of them and less of you.

I do not only RANT about health and everything that is connected to it but I also stand up of the rights of the Community. That is why whenever an LGBT issue surfaces, I will say my two centavos (More of a hundred pesos, sometimes.) no matter what.

I guess you could say that it is the niche of this blog; Health and LGBT Rights blog. Though, some say that the THEME of my blog is the FLIRTY kind of theme (Am I right, Ms. Janina?).

The Queer RANTer and the Nonsensical Bitch


Hmm… What else?

Oh yeah! I almost forgot.

During this event, there were some “Quotable Quotes” (Which makes the event more I-N-T-E-R-E-S-T-I-N-G than it already is.) that I want to share with you guys…



This is kind of funny. Ms. Grace said this line because during the first day of iBlog10, her daughter went with her as well. And according to Ms. Grace, she prompted her daughter to ask questions during the first few speakers but little Ms. Nicolas is a bit shy. So when it’s Ms. Grace’s time to be in front of the audience that was the only time that little Ms. Nicolas asked a question.



This is one of the “Quotable Quotes” that I find funny. Dr. Bien Nillos said this when he was introducing himself.

Then the MOST “Quotable Quote” of the event was the phrase “At the end of the day…”. I don’t what is with that phrase but a participant (Or participants, for that matter.)  noticed that most of the first few speakers on the first day said this phrase. It is kind of funny, actually.

Then you guys might be wondering if there was any raffle that happened during this event. Yup! Yup! They did have a raffle and one of the raffle prizes simply include a Samsung Galaxy Note Tab (Did I just see widening eyes?). And yes, I unfortunately did not get an iBlog t-shirt this time (Ampalaya, anyone?)

Anyway, I really am looking forward to the next Philippine iBlog Summit. I just hope I’m still here in the Philippines during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment