Pages

June 2, 2014

MEOWies

Good day RANTers!

How is everyone doing so far?

Did everyone have a wonderful May? I do hope so since Maleficent (And some pronounce it as “MAYleficent” because of the month it will be shown in the cinemas.) has premiered in the Philippine cinemas last May 28, 2014. Me and my godson Jameel actually watched it on that day as well since I’ve been waiting for it since the start of 2014.

Photo not owned by blogger.



So as soon as I was done with my morning routines that day, I woke Jameel up to have him bathe and get dressed to watch the movie.

To cut the story short, we arrived at the mall, bought tickets for the second show (Since we wanted to grab lunch first and wouldn’t want our stomachs getting noisy during the movie.), then roamed around the mall for a little bit.

As we were killing time at the National Bookstore, I happen to stumble upon this magazine…



And since you all PURRfectly know how much I boast about Temi on my social media accounts, I decided to get it.

Then as soon as we got home from watching Maleficent, I excitedly opened the magazine and started on browsing the pages for anything interesting.

And voila! I saw this infographic…



Just from reading the infographic itself, it made me realize that what stated there is actually true and I can testify it for myself.

The FIRST health benefit of cat is having FEWER STROKES (Neither the swimming kind of stroke nor THAT stroke, if you know what I mean.).

“Some studies show that having a cat can reduce your risk of stroke by up to 40%.”
~page 78, The Animal Scene, Volume 14, Issue 3, May 2014

Now imagine that! Having a cat can actually lessen the risk of you having a cerebrovascular accident (CVA).

You may be wondering how could it be possible that having a cat will lessen the risk of CVA?

The answer is on the second and third benefit.

The SECOND health benefit of having a cat is stress reduction.

“Cats help you relax and take your stress level down a notch.”
~page 78, The Animal Scene, Volume 14, Issue 3, May 2014

This is actually true. Whenever I have a WHOLE LOT of things to do at home or whenever I have the urge to burst out or get angry, calling on Temi or Garfield and seeing/looking at them for a bit helps me relax myself. And sometimes it is not me who is looking for them but the other way around. I think they sense when I’m stressed or something of the sort.

Temi and Garfield sitting on stairs.

And how can you not be relieved of stress when you see a cat doing this one…

Video not owned by blogger.

It makes you want to stop what you’re doing for a while and have a good laugh (You can stop laughing now or else they’ll think you’re crazy.) about it, right?

Then the THIRD health benefit of having a cat is their calming effect.

“A cat’s purr can calm you down and also help relieve pain.”
~page 78, The Animal Scene, Volume 14, Issue 3, May 2014

I honestly don't know if Garfield is snoring here or if she's purring.

It is actually a fact (Oops! The “F” word.) that whenever a cat is purring, they are actually RELAXED or COMFORTABLE with where they’re lying on or with the petting a human is doing to them.

Maybe this is the reason a cat’s purr can calm a person down.

In fact (Oops!) I tested it for myself last night. While I was watching the television, Temi went to me and meowed (He is actually looking for some of my attention whenever he does that.). I took him and have him lie down on my chest and stroked his fur (It’s his fur that I stroked! His F-U-R!). Then as soon as I felt and heard him purr, I actually wanted to sleep. W-O-W!

Now according to the infographic, the FOURTH health benefit of having a cat is faster healing.

“If you are sick or in an accident, a feline companion can help you get better more quickly. The kneading massages they give can be beneficial to your health.”
~page 78, The Animal Scene, Volume 14, Issue 3, May 2014

Now that's a very C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E cat.
Video not owned by blogger.

Hmm… How do I testify this one? Oh, yeah! I remember having fever last month.

It actually took me two to three days O-N-L-Y before the fever went away which is quite fast for me because it actually takes FOUR to F-I-V-E days before my fever will go away whenever I have colds.

What was my treatment that time? A combination of antipyretic, ascorbic acid, lots of fluid intake, bathing, rest, and Temi constantly checking on me (Yup! Yup! He was my private duty nurse that time.).

Then about that kneading thing, I don’t know how it feels for a cat to knead or massage you but it sure shows that the other cat on the video is actually E-N-J-O-Y-I-N-G every second of it.

So with all of these said, what are you RANTers waiting for?

Adopt a CAT now! As in N-O-W!

No comments:

Post a Comment