Pages

August 18, 2014

Ray Who?

Hello! Hello RANTers!

How’s everyone doing?

Gosh! I haven’t RANTed about anything last week. Talk about an E-X-H-A-U-S-T-I-N-G weekend last time. So exhausting that I was not able to go on any of my social media accounts which got my hubby a bit worried (And yes, I already have a partner ever since).

Anyway, so much about that. Let’s get started on RANTing!

I know that the title of this blog post has a name on it but (The TOPS love this.) I am not going to RANT about any person named “Ray” but rather about an alternative HEALING MODALITY that I’ve been using for quite a while now. And that would be REIKI.


Bam! Now I got your attention.

You dearies may be wondering what REIKI is. Let’s try asking for help from our friends; the books…

Photo not owned by the blogger.

“Rei means ‘Spirit’ or ‘Soul’

Ki means ‘energy’ and is originally connected to a sense of air or atmosphere which pervades and surrounds the universe.

These Japanese ideograms therefore embody the concept of a universal life force appropriate to healing an all-enveloping energy of body, soul, and spirit.”
~The Healing Touch of Reiki by P.B.V. Lakshmi & P.V.S. Sastry

“Reiki is a form of hands-on energy healing that comes from the Divine. It is an intelligent healing energy that flows throughout anyone who has a Reiki initiation, which is called an attunement.”
~The Reiki Magic Guide to Self-Attunement by Brett Bevell

Sounds like Harry Potter-kind like of power (Reparo, anyone?) and everything psychism and occultism has to offer, right? But it is really not about that…

“Reiki is not a religion, as it holds no creed or doctrine. It has nothing to do with spiritualism or the occult in any shape or form. It has nothing to do with the invoking of ghosts or demons, nor is it concerned with hypnosis or any psychological technique. To practise Reiki, no special kind of faith or belief is required.”
~The Healing Touch of Reiki by P.B.V. Lakshmi & P.V.S. Sastry

So, what got me started with this?

Back in 2008, I’ve been hearing and reading Facebook posts about REIKI. In fact (Not the other “f” word, dearie.), I have a few friends back then who are REIKI MASTERS. I haven’t asked them about anything about this kind of healing modality because I still wasn’t interested about it back then but it sure did piqued up my curiosity about it.

Then came the time wherein we had our thesis class in 2011. Our thesis adviser wanted us to come up with thesis title that tackles alternative healing modalities. To cut the story short (Because I know I’m dragging you on now on this part.), what was assigned to us was REIKI which got a whole lot excited back then. BUT (Calling the TOPS here!) unfortunately, our first thesis title got rejected by our dean so we changed it to “Therapeutic Touch” instead (Talk about being such a B-U-M-M-E-R.).

Then on the late of March this year, I got attuned to First Degree Reiki and then to Second Degree Reiki last July through Reiki Master JL Manalili (Yehey!).

Just as what I said a while ago, I’ve been using Reiki for quite some time now. And I think that kind of piqued your curiosity as to how Reiki feels.

I’ll tell you how.

In Reiki, symbols are being used to help heal a person’s certain need; whether it’s physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual. Traditionally, First Degree Reiki Healers may not use symbols but may help heal others and only Second Degree Reiki Healers and Reiki Masters may use symbols. And since I am not a Reiki Master yet, I will be discussing about the Second Degree Reiki symbols for now (And they are just the ones I have an experience with.).


Cho Ku Rei

Photo not owned by the blogger.

“The Power Symbol. It is used to empower the flow of Reiki. When doing a hands-on treatment, it increases the heat or vibration of Reiki flowing through a person’s hands.”
~The Reiki Magic Guide to Self-Attunement by Brett Bevell

This is the symbol I always use. It is true to its word “power”.

Whenever I get simple cuts from sharp things (But NOT that kind of sharp thing on your little green mind, dearie.) or scratches from either Garfield or Temi, I just use this symbol to hasten the healing process of my wound. Lo and behold! It’s not inflamed the following day and it’s gone in less than FIVE DAYS (And yes, you’re not misreading it.)!

Then there was this one time wherein Garfield had a wound behind her left ear (She is such hard-scratcher.). This got me worried quite a bit that I intended to have her go to the vet the following day. Then I remembered that I’m attuned to Reiki. So with a little wound cleaning with the use of hydrogen peroxide and some Cho Ku Rei Symbol, her wound is healed in less than a week!

Then there was this other time in which Temi got diarrhea because of playing around with cockroaches (Which my sister is VERY THANKFUL for.). The medicine that the doctor prescribed for his diarrhea doesn’t seem to work after I’ve given him some. That was the time when I decided to incorporate this symbol to help hasten the healing of his diarrhea. Then again, Reiki amazed me by helping Temi heal in less than two weeks.

How about that?


Sei He Ki

Photo not owned by the blogger.

“This symbol is used for mental and emotional healing. It can be used to untangle the deepest emotional wounds and enlighten one as to the true nature of emotional entanglements.”
~The Reiki Magic Guide to Self-Attunement by Brett Bevell

I use this symbol whenever I feel a bit shaken to help calm my nerves down. It helps me relax for a while thus helping me think C-L-E-A-R-L-Y.

Not only do I use this for myself but also with those two cats as well.

There are time wherein Temi would tease Garfield and the latter would get angry for being teased. I would hear hissing and chasing around so what I would do is shout a big “NO!“ (I neither spank them nor throw things at them. That’s ANIMAL CRUELTY, dearie.) to both of them and then use this symbol to calm both of them. In less than ten minutes, both of them are already sleeping in their own sleeping places. Reiki has amazed me once again.

Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen

Photo not owned by the blogger.

“This symbol allows one to send Reiki across all time, all space, and all dimensions.”
~The Reiki Magic Guide to Self-Attunement by Brett Bevell

In other words, this symbol may help you with DISTANT HEALING.

How does “DISTANT HEALING” work?

If, for example, a person asks for some Reiki healing from you and that person is in bad need of it immediately and you cannot meet in person to do so, you may use this symbol to help send Reiki to that person ASAP (Once you’re attuned to Second Degree Reiki, of course.).

I have actually used this symbol to send some Reiki energy to my hubby whenever he feels like he’ll be sick the next day because of exhaustion from work (My poor hubby. I miss him now.). Since we are now both in different countries and I cannot book a flight to go his place ASAP, I use this symbol to send Reiki.

What do you know? He’s a-okay the following day (In his time zone that is.).

Reiki is simply ONE of the alternative healing modalities that is available in this world. Some may agree to what I’ve experienced with this kind of healing modality and some may not. Some may have the same experience as mine and some have a different one.

But one thing is for sure; all healing modalities CANNOT WORK unless it is done with LOVE and COMPASSION.

"We are humans and we are built to survive. But what is really our purpose in life? Why do we need to experience "humanity"?

As a Reiki Master/Teacher I’ve always known from the start that I have to share love and healing to all. Love is a great foundation of healing as what God has given us.

But I am human, how will I able to help others and still enjoy my own life? Balance.

As you stand to your life purpose, give time and commitment to it. There's no doubt that the Divine will lead you to the right path.

Now what's your purpose?

As what I always say; L.E.T. IT.

LEARN IT
EXPERIENCE IT
 TEACH IT."
~JL Manalili, Reiki Master
(A message to Reiki Healers)

No comments:

Post a Comment