Pages

December 29, 2014

Muchos Gracias!

Hey! Hey RANTers!

OH MY G!

It has been SO LONG (And yes, I would like to remind you of how I L-U-R-V-E long things.) since I’ve done any RANTing here on my blog! I so M-I-S-S this.

To tell you guys the truth, I had quite a busy schedule for the past few months, which includes me getting sick (You read that right, dearie.) and some events here and there (Which you can see from my past RANT.).

Anyway, so much for that and let’s get started on RANTing (Haven’t I started already?)!


2014 is going to end in just a few days but before the year ends, I would just like to enumerate some things that I’m quite thankful for that happened to me this year…


9. Planning ahead.

My Starbucks 2015 Planner


What’s a better way to end the year other than getting a planner to plot some schedules and plan important events for next year?

You dearies might not know it but I’m quite a Starbucks fan now. I’ve been collecting stickers for the Starbucks planner for three consecutive years (Not quite a long time for some who’ve been collecting since this planner thing started.) already and I’m proud to say that I always get one each year.

Right now, I’m wondering what surprises are in store for me next year. Better get ready for them.


8. Those shiny things…

Some of the crystals I collected this year.
(From TOP, clockwise: double terminated clear quartz, RED MOONSTONE, and dravite )

Okay, okay. I know I’ve RANTed about this before but I just wanted to include this on my list.

Some of you already know that I collect crystals and minerals as well. And this year, I’m quite thankful for these few babies that I’ve collected.

To give you guys a little bit of a background as to the reason I collect crystals and minerals (I sound like some miner or some geeky mineralogist here.) is because most of them, if not all, have subtle energies that can or may help you in an aspect of your life. And I’m quite thankful and proud to say that the crystals that I have in hand helped me with the problems and trials I’ve faced this year.


7. Bibliophiliac

The BIBLIOPHILE in me.


Yeah, I’m E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y proud to say that I am such a BOOK LOVER.

Every year since I was four (4) years old (I think that was when it all started.), I always get some tickets to one of the most wonderful H-E-A-V-E-N-S on earth, which is also known to some as the Manila International Book Fair (MIBF). And since I became a teenager, I’ve been counting the months and days left before the next one arrives. And every single year, I get to enjoy new stories, new worlds, and new fantasies (But not THAT kind of fantasy you’re thinking of. You have such a GREEN mind.) made by A-W-E-S-O-M-E authors like J.K Rowling.


6. Oh, hello!

What’s a better way to have a year other than gaining a few NEW friends?

Other than the OLD ones (This sounds like and oly-moldy, if you know what I mean. Ahahahaha!), I am quite thankful that I’ve met some quite I-N-T-E-R-E-S-T-I-N-G people that really jive with my own craziness. There’s a little bit of laughing (Quite plentiful, actually.) here, a little bit of bitterness over there, a little bit of face-smacking truth there, and a little bit more of almost everything.

New and old friends always have the capacity to bring colors to the life you’re living.


5. That “L” word.

Photo not owned by blogger.

Okay, I know it sounds like I’m about to say some freaky-icky word but that word I’m actually referring to is L-O-V-E (Did I just hear some bitterness over there, dearie?).

This year might be quite bitter for some people when it comes to this aspect but I’m quite thankful and proud to say that I’m tasting every bit of flavor of romantic love.

Another year of loving, happiness, sadness, longing, and everything in between has passed between me and my hubby. And I’m quite thankful for everything that, so far, has happened between the two of us.


4. Something purring this way comes…

Temi and Garfield


OH MY G! I am such a Harry Potter geek (See what I did there?).

Anyway, what I wanted to say here is that I am quite thankful that these two cats entered and have become a part of my life earlier this year.

I know that it was quite troublesome at first (And that includes a whole bunch of hissing and scratching. Geez!) but I got the hang of understanding and taking care of them. It’s like raising your own child. There are sleepless nights wherein you worry about their health and countless tiring days wherein you can’t finish what you’re doing because they’re constantly looking for your attention. But what can I say? It’s just one of the perks of being a furrent (Short for fur-parent.).


3. A homecoming like no other.

Dad, Me, and Ate at the airport last June 13, 2014


Three graduations and one licensure exam; more than TEN (10) years to be exact. That’s how long our Dad has been away from us. But this year, I’m quite thankful that the longing has ended.
No other words can describe this blissful feeling.

Dad cleaning my teeth at Ate's clinic.


2. A calling…

Photo not owned by blogger.


Looks like some kind of title for a new Japanese manga (Not the Tagalog word for “mango” but pronounced as such.) or a new Japanese anime, right? But this is not the case.

Reiki is one alternative healing modality that originated in Japan (Which is the reason that the character and the name sounds like Japanese.).

I am thankful that this year, I have been attuned to this alternative healing modality by Reiki Master JL Manalili. It has helped me a whole lot whenever I’m sick or not feeling quite good about my health and with some aspects of my life this year. Not only did it help me but it has also helped me in helping others whenever they needed or wanted some healing.

For a little bit of background about this alternative healing modality and my personal experiences with it, I suggest you guys read this previous RANT of mine (And this sounds like some kind of t.v. advertisement.).


1. The other “L” word.

The Seed of Life
(Drawn and colored by yours truly.)


One word.

One meaning.

LIFE

Life is one of the most W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L things in the entire universe. It will give you lessons and things that will help you understand the meaning of it. If it doesn’t help you understand what it means then it will give you a glimpse of what it is and what is to it.

Life doesn’t only have positive things to give that makes you feel you’re always in cloud nine but rather it has negative things to give that makes you feel as if you’re six feet under the earth as well. For without both of these things then you are not living it as it is.

Photo not owned by blogger.


This is what I am MOST THANKFUL of. For without the Gift of Life, I wouldn’t be able to experience and gain a whole lot of things this year. And without those experiences and things I’ve gained, I won’t be able to become what I am now.

Life has given me a whole lot of things that have helped build me and have kept me going. And with that I will now get ready for what else it has to offer on 2015.

I am now getting ready.

Are you, my dearest RANTers?

No comments:

Post a Comment