Pages

November 25, 2013

Children Know



Whadup RANTers?

Okay, I sound like a social-climbing wannabe there. Ahahahaha!

Anyway, I will try to keep this RANT as short (And you guys already know how much I love L-O-N-G things.) as possible because I’ll try doing two or three (Or four. Or five. It actually will depend on my mood.) RANTS today.

So let’s get on with the RANTing!


Just a few days ago (Weeks, actually. It was before Yolanda went berserk in our country.), as I was browsing my Facebook Newsfeed (Yeah, I am a Facebook addict.), I stumbled upon a video in which children ages five to thirteen are being interviewed for their views about the videos being watched to them and with the news going around the issues of the LGBT community around the world…

Video courtesy of YouTube.

It was shared by two of my Facebook friends and it got my attention because of the title (That’s how media works, anyway.).

What was my reaction when I watched that video?

One word: D-U-M-B-F-O-U-N-D-E-D.

I mean, how can I not be dumbfounded by the reactions of those children?

When they were watching the two videos that showed same-sex marriage proposals, I was kind of expecting them to say some comments such as “Eww!” and “That is totally grossing me out.” and “Are they out of their minds?” and I was not expecting the ones like “I should be in that video.” and “That’s so awesome!” and “Oh, that’s sweet.’ kind of comments. Again, I am dumbfounded.

Then these children were asked on what their reactions are to the videos that they’ve just seen. I was expecting the kind of reaction that Lucas gave but I was not expecting the rest of them to be that of accepting to the idea of SAME-SEX MARRIAGE.

Then just one thought hit me. How come that most of these children were THAT accepting of SAME-SEX MARRIAGE?

Hmm… One reason could be that those children aged five to nine were anxious with the guys interviewing them. But then again, what about those children aged ten to thirteen? How come they have that kind of level of acceptance with the idea of SAME-SEX MARRIAGE? Could media be one influence? Maybe.

But what really made me do a RANT about this video is that it struck me as a gay man. These children struck the core of my G-A-Y heart in every possible way that they can.

I mean, how many children are there now that are THAT accepting of the idea of SAME SEX MARRIAGE? How many children are there that can say that marrying the person you love is not a “bad thing”?

I know for a fact (Ooohh! An “F” word.) that the children of our country still has the mind of that of Lucas. If you ask one child if it’s okay for two boys to marry each other or two girls to marry each other, he or she would D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y say that it’s disgusting (Insert disgusted child face here.) and it is wrong and that it should be a boy marrying a girl and not a boy marrying a boy or a girl marrying a girl. They still won’t be able to say that it is okay for one person to marry the person he or she loves whether it is of the same gender or not.

The children of our country still don’t have that kind of thinking. It could be possible in the future but as of the moment it still won’t happen.

Those children in the video gave me the thought that there is still hope for mankind to change their close-minded thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment