Pages

November 18, 2013

Shouting Heart

Tears.

Heartache.

Darkness.

Hopelessness.

But most of all, HUNGER.

I apologize to start off this RANT of mine today with these D-A-R-K  words, dear RANTers. I cannot help it.


November 7, 2013; Thursday.

I was sleeping soundly in the comfort of my own bed. Storm winds are howling and shouting outside of my window but I took no heed of it. Little did I know that my fellow Filipinos in the Visayas region are suffering under the wrath of the storm; the MOST POWERFUL STORM that has entered our country this year.

“Yolanda” is typically used in the Filipino Gay Language to refer to “rain” because it sounds like the Tagalog word “ulan”. But nowadays, it is a name that could be synonymous to the word “DEATH” and “SUFFERING”.

It can now be synonymous to the word “DEATH” because not only did humans die but also the animals and plants. In the streets, under the destroyed buildings and houses, floating above bodies of water, and anywhere you look, you’ll find a decaying body.

It can now be synonymous to the word “SUFFERING” because food and water are scarce and there are no shelters left for the survivors of that awful storm.

I did not dare watch the news on the telly because I am afraid that tears might fall from my eyes down to my chest.

But you may be wondering, how did I come to know all of these?

Through the social media, of course specifically, Facebook (You guys already know how I’m such a Facebook addict.).

There are already news, posts, and RANTs going around the entire social media that is enough to keep me updated on what’s currently happening on our country; enough to make me feel V-E-R-Y emotional on what happened.

There are different posts that asks to help the victims of this calamity; there are posts that shows gratitude to the other countries that are helping  the Philippines back on its own two feet;  there are posts that complains about the speed of how the government should resolve this calamity; and there are posts that B-L-A-M-E-S the government itself.

“Blaming; should we actually do this?”. That’s the thought that came into my mind.

Then I had the courage to watch the telly. As soon as I went to the news channel, I could not help my tears from falling. I could not bear to witness on the television how my fellow Filipinos in the Visayas region cope up with their situation. They have no food, no water, and no shelter for days. It feels like I am currently living in Panem and I’m staying in the comforts of the Capitol.

Right then and there, my heart shouted.

It shouted cries of help to help my fellow Filipinos in the Visayas. Some are still left there, and trying to survive each passing hour.

Photo not owned by blogger.


It shouted to the government officials that this is not the time to think of their pride and of their reputation. Must you be putting your names in each bag of relief goods?

But most of all, It shouted gratitude to those countries and to every human being that are helping us. My fellow Filipinos could not have a ray of hope if it weren’t for the presence of your soldiers.

Photo not owned by blogger.


We are Filipinos. The same blood that flows inside your body also flows inside mine. We are one.

Let us not complain anymore. Let us not point fingers on one another. Let us, rather, stand united as one; our hearts beating to help in keeping each other well and alive.

Photo not owned by blogger.
P.S.
Fellow HEALTH BLOGGER, Nr. Janina Santos is selling some of her books to help the victims of Yolanda. kindly go to this page to find out more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment