Pages

June 3, 2013

Blog Bloggity Blog Blog

And here I am again RANTers! My second post for this day. I didn’t have the time to post the last article so I decided to post these two on the same day (And to think that I really miss RANTing here on my blog.).

So let’s get started on RANTing!


Some of you may be wondering what the hell happened that I got suddenly inspired in doing another article (And I’m thinking of doing another one after this.). The reason is that I attended last May 31, 2013 & June 1, 2013 the “9th Philippine iBlog Summit” at the University of the Philippines (U.P.)-Diliman, Quezon City.


Sounds like interesting, right? I’ve met a lot of bloggers (That’s why it’s called iBlog Summit. I am such a dumdum.) during that time and to think that there are different kinds of bloggers such as anime bloggers, paranormal bloggers, and stamp bloggers (That’s a bit of a S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E, isn’t it?).

It was such a fun, fun, fun (Major, major?) event. I was with my colleagues from the Philippine Health Bloggers Society (PHBS) and I think we were the only health bloggers there because I didn’t meet anyone who told either me or some of my colleagues that they blog about health as well (And maybe I wasn’t paying so much attention.).

(Imagine faces of PHBS members.)

So during the first day of the event, the speakers that were invited talked about how to earn money using blogs (And don’t ask me how because this blog isn't earning any. This is mine. M-I-N-E I TEL YOU!!!) and how to get a lot of readers of your blog.

Well what I did during the first day to get a lot of readers from the audience is that I Tweeted my blog site over and over again (And of course, I plugged the blog sites of my colleagues as well. I am not that selfish, you know.). Why? They flashed on the screen the Tweets that have a hash tag #iBlog9. (Voila! Because of that, I have really T-W-E-E-T-E-D a whole lot during the whole event.).

Anyway, here is some of my notes during the first day of the event (And this is the only notes that I did. Talk about being such a C-O-U-C-H P-O-T-A-T-O!)

Content Marketing
>has been there for the longest time
>used to market product and services

Blogging As A Powerful Content Marketing Tool
  • communicates without selling
  • non-interruptive
  • provides value
  • rewarded with customer loyalty and trust


Blog Content Marketing Tips
  • provide answer and solutions
  • be personal
  • tell your story
  • use videos
  • be remarkable


See? It isn’t much of a note, isn’t it? Ahahahahaha!

Well, the reason why I didn’t take much notes about the first day is that because I am not interested of making profit with my blog. I could use this blog site for business as well (Maybe in the future. You may not know.) but as of the mean time I choose to use this blog site for RANTing about my opinions and stuff (A whole lot of S-T-U-F-F.).

Then on the second day of the event (That was yesterday because I’m doing this blog post on a Sunday but will be posting this on Monday.), the speakers that were invited talked about how bloggers like us can be an influence. And just like what the first speaker said, “Thought Leaders”. That’s what inspired me to do RANT again here on my blog site.

What made us “Thought Leaders”, you may ask dear RANTers (Whoa! I am so getting S-E-R-I-O-U-S about this now.).

As bloggers, our thoughts and opinions can influence the thinking of our fellow Netizens ESPECIALLY if it shared through the Social Media. Our statements can be their statements as well. Or if not, our statements can, and will be, used against us. We should know the legalities of our own blog posts. That is why at the end of the summit, the last speaker talked about what legal actions can be used against us if we’re not too careful of what we post. And it’s a good thing that the Anti-Cybercrime Law is still on indefinite Temporary Restraining Order or else I’ll be typing my future blog posts behind bars (I wouldn’t definitely want that.).

But are the bloggers the only ones who can be “Thought Leaders”? My answer would be N-O.

With our Social Media accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, we can be “Thought Leaders” as well. Through these Social Media accounts, we share our random (And I just thought of Nr. Erickson Bernardo with this word.) thoughts to everyone else. We either influence them or entertain them with words.

I would like to RANT more about the things that happened during this summit but I think this would only make my blog post very L-O-N-G (And as much as I love LONG things, I know some of you don’t.), So let me end this post with these words…

“Everything you say (or post) can be used against you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment