Pages

June 24, 2013

Faded Rainbow


“He’s more than a friend and more than a lover. He is my long lost sister.“
~RAIM


Hello there, my dearest RANTers! I know that I have a debt to you guys but on this RANTday I’ll be posting only one blog. And this would be dedicated to my dearest friend. So please bear with me as the side comments would be lessen. I would like to get a bit serious about this.

June 6, 2013
As I got home from the gym, he contacted me through VIBER and asked me to do something for him. Being sisters and all, I happily did it for him.

Then he sent me a picture. A picture of him is depicting a very different kind of image. Like he was sick and dying. I simply ignored his sent picture and just chatted away our time.

Little did I know that it would be my last picture of him.

June 10, 2013
It was at 6:00 a.m. that he called me through his phone asking me if I’ll be doing something that day. Being the RANTday that it is, I told him that yes I will be blogging. Then he asked me if I could buy him a silver necklace because his last one was ruined. And I happily said yes.

As I was doing my blog posts that day, he’s already nagging me if I’m already on my way to their house at Pasig.  I told him that I could be there late in the afternoon as I was still doing my blog posts that time and my lappie is getting crazy.

So as I was on my way to their house, he was texting me and saying “Sis, I’m dying big time”. I just took it as one of his jokes because he’s often like that. And that was my mistake.

As soon as I got into their house and went up to his room, he told me “You think I’m kidding that I’m dying big time?”. Again, I simply smiled to him and gave him his necklace. Little did I know that it would be the last time I would see him.


Then during the next few days, I contacted his sister through Facebook to ask her the condition of their brother.

June 14, 2013 (6:33 a.m.)
I didn’t know why I got up so early that day. I just had the urge to look at my Facebook messages. Then a message from his sister called my attention…

Sir, pakibalita po sa ibang friends niyo and kaofficemates niya na he’s already gone. His wake will be dito sa house. Thank you po.”

Shocked. That’s what I felt when I read that message. I didn’t cry at first but when I sent a message to one of our friends, that’s when I broke down.

Why? Why leave us now? We have plans together with Niño (a.k.a. Sanjie). You still have plans for yourself too. What happened? I thought you were doing well like what you told me before?

Those were the thought that ran through my head.

Feelings of loss and heartache was what I had during those times. Even now as I am typing tis blog post on my lappie, tears are running down my face. I can’t help it. The screen is getting blurry. I can’t see what I’m typing. I’d better wipe these tears off first.

There you go.

I have got to pull myself together. I even thought of that happening to my beloved husband and I just can’t bear to think of it. Just losing a dear friend is enough to have a heartache but to lose my most beloved? I just can’t bear to think of it.

I and he have secrets; secrets in which I cannot reveal now but maybe in time. It is such a burden for me to hold on to those secrets. They’re waiting to be blurted out but I can’t. I cannot speak of such. Not now.

I would like to dedicate a poem to him now but I can’t find any words to speak of it. I guess this is another “Blogger’s Blackout” for me.

Let me just say these few words for my dear friend; my sister who taught me how to be a bitch when I need to be a bitch…

“Sis, wherever you are, you take care of yourself there. Don’t be such a pussy. I know how you want things your way but please be happy there for the time being while your soul is healing.”

A Rainbow could have faded because a storm got in the way of the Sun. But little do we know that the rainbow is still there. It isn’t gone. It just faded and is waiting to sparkle again.

1 comment: