Pages

July 29, 2013

Rainbow Ibarra


Hello RANTers! Sorry for not being to RANT about anything last RANTday due to a busy schedule of mine. I had a lot of important things (R-E-A-L-L-Y important things that I can’t RANT about on my blog.) to do during that day so this post was delayed.


Anyway, one of the things that I’m gonna RANT about today is this…



…so bear (BARE is a different word, by the way.) with me for just a tiny bit of a moment.

Hmm… Where should I start? There are a lot of FANTABULOUS things that were discussed during those two days that I really don’t know where to start (Seriously speaking.).

Since it is all about Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights, I guess I should start on how the participants of the training introduced themselves…

1. Name of the participant
2. Organization/Schools affiliated
3. SEXiest part of the participant’s body
4. Ultimate SEXual fantasy

And of course I won’t be telling you RANTers on what I said during that time (Buwahahahaha!!!). Let me be a bit conservative this time (And that’s a first for me.).

But what made my jaw drop TEN FEET below where I’m standing during those introductions is what PAT BRINGAS (She’s a TRANSPinay, by the way.) said when she was asked about the SEXiest part of her body…

Photo courtesy of  Nr. Janina Santos
“Sexiest part of my body? What’s not?”

BAM! Beat that RANTer!

So as the training went on, I was more and more empowered on advocating for the rights of women, for the RH Law, and also for the rights of the LGBT community.

How was I empowered, you may ask?

With regards to the LGBT community, I have found out that there is a UN declaration protecting the rights of the LGBT community everywhere in the world. And with that said, I thought to myself that there is a possibility that we could use this in advocating for same-sex marriage here in our country (And I can hear bells ringing during that time).

What’s more? I have met a HUMBLE UP Law student who is a member of the LGBT community as well. Because of this law student, I have found out that under the Civil Code of the Philippines (Am I being such a nerdy-nerd-nerd here?) marriage was not defined as a special contract between a man and a woman (Surprised as well, RANTer?). Marriage was only defined as a special contract between a man and a woman when the Family Code of the Philippines was passed.

Talk about stealing and abolishing our rights. Geez!

Now let’s start on RANTing about SEX (wink). And by that I mean the Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights.

During the training we were told on how to “attack” (Not sexually, of course.) the RANTs of those who oppose Republic Act 10354 or also known as the “Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Act of 2012” (NERD!!!).

Here are some of those…

~If some Anti-RH dumdum asked you “When does life begin?” tell him this…

“It’s as if you’re asking me ‘What is the meaning of life?’. Both of those questions are PHILOSOPHICAL in nature. Some would say that life begins at the age of 30 and some would say life begins at the age of 50. So the real question there would be ‘When does pregnancy begins?’”

…and with that said, the Anti-RH dumdum could possibly say nothing more. You may give him/her scientific facts on when pregnancy REALLY begins.

~If you’re having an argument with a SUPER-DUPER-ULTRA-MEGACONSERVATVE person, always remember this…

“I am a TAMED animal. I won’t socialize with a wild animal.”

Always bear that in your mind, RANTer. Why? Because having a discussion with that kind of person would only give you HEADACHES (The upper head.). It is as if you’re teaching a D-Y-I-N-G (Well, some of them are.) dog some new tricks. You’ll be wasting your precious time with them.


Thanks to Nr. Alvin Cloyd Dakis, the person who taught us on how to answer those type of RANTs.

Oh how I wish I could remember some more fun stuff that I’ve learned from that training. From what I’ve heard, there would be a second (I hope and WISH.) one like this in the future. So I’ll be hoping that some of my dear RANTers would be able to join us.

P.S.
For some quotable quotes during that training, read Nr. Janina Santos’ blog post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment