Pages

March 11, 2013

QuIRRH Law


RANTers! How is everyone doing? Not that well for me. (Don’t ask. It will be on another article, I guess.)


As you may all know, for the past three or so weeks there had been a video circulating the social media that made an impact on the gay community. This is actually a music video of SEBASTIAN CASTRO, a Peruvian-Japanese model, dancing a very sexy and H-O-T dance. (Jun-Jun! B-E-H-A-V-E!)

                         Courtesy of YouTube

Come on! Admit that HE is H-O-T! (Or at least one of the guys in the video. Just ADMIT IT!)

Then a few days after that video came out, Seb had a COMING OUT video; he actually admitted that he’s G-A-Y!!! (My G-A-Y-D-A-R actually rang when I saw the music video.)

                         Courtesy of YouTube

Actually, I already had a feeling that a WHOLE LOT of girls died when that video came out. I actually shared it on my Facebook account saying…

Sorry GIRLS, Sebastian Castro is ONE OF US.
.
.
.
Don't be disappointed, there are still a FEW HANDSOME GUYS LEFT for you.
.
.
.
Choose WISELY!
.
.
.
(.^_^.)

Well, GIRLS should choose wisely. Just like what my Ate (older sister) said, “Hindi mo na alam kung sino talaga ang tunay na lalaki.” (You don’t know who the straight men are nowadays.)

I mean, come on! A lot of GAYS came out of the closet after Seb came out and most of them are as H-A-N-D-S-O-M-E as you think they are. Which made me ask to myself, “Why now?”. Do they really need to have a handsome gay guy like Seb (Well, he really is.) for them to have that courage to come out PUBLICLY? I had mine to my parents FOUR YEARS AGO and it did take a lot of courage and tears when I came out of my own closet. And trust me, it was all worth it.


Now, you’re probably wondering why Seb is included in this post. This is why…

Recently, I attended one of the RH Law Implementing Rules & Regulations (RH Law IRR) Public Consultations(I’m foreseeing that I’m about to be a Reproductive Health Nurse. Geez! THAT INVERTED T-R-I-A-N-G-L-E!) and there are comments or suggestions that states “What about the LGBTQI people?”.

I was like, “Oh yeah. I didn’t think about that.” (Was I really?)

It was stated in the Family Code of the Philippine Constitution (Bear with me. I’m gonna get a bit B-O-R-I-N-G from here.) that “Marriage is a special contract of permanent union between a man and a woman entered into in accordance with law for the establishment of conjugal and family life”.

And it is also stated in the RH Law under Sec. 23 (a.2) “(Prohibited Acts) Any health care service provider, whether public or private, who shall refuse to perform legal and medically-safe reproductive health procedures on any person of legal age on the ground of lack of consent or authorization of the following instances:

(i) Spousal consent in case of married persons: Provided, that in case of disagreement, the decision of the one undergoing the procedure shall prevail” (Did I just hear a “YAWN”?)

With these stated, I just have a FEW questions in mind…

1. So, where do the LGBTQI people come in here?

2. Does it mean that WE cannot gain access to any RH services unless we have a SPOUSAL CONSENT? I mean, come on! WE CANNOT GET MARRIED HERE!

3. It is also stated under the RH Law Sec 4(q) that “The elements of reproductive health include the following:

(6) Prevention, treatment, and management of reproductive tract infections (RTIs), HIV, AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases”. What if an LGBTQI couple went to the health center asking for reproductive health services because one of them has an RTI/STI? Would they be denied of that right?

4. Also stated in the R.A. 10354 Section 2(d) (Okay, who the hell YAWNED?! May I join you?) that “The State likewise guarantees UNIVERSAL ACCESS to medically-safe, non-abortifacient, effective, legal, affordable, and quality reproductive health care services, methods, devices, supplies which do not prevent the implantation of a fertilized ovum…” and also, “The State shall ERADICATE DISCRIMINATORY PRACTICES, LAWS, AND POLICIES that infringe a person’s exercise of reproductive health rights” . Doesn't Sec 23 contradict what is stated on Sec 2 and Sec 4? Am I right?


I guess it’s too E-A-R-L-Y for any amendments. As of the moment, what we can all do is to observe what will the outcome of this law.

With everything said, let’s see what Seb has to say…

                                 Courtesy of YouTube

Getting SQUISHY and GIGGLY, my dear RANTers? I know you are. Buwahahahaha!

2 comments:

  1. The Reproductive Health law were created, actually, for the women in order to control birth and to ensure safe and problem-free pregnancy and birthing. There is no contradiction between the LGBTIQ community and the law, except the ones you perceived to be the problem.

    1. The use of pills among our gay friends as supplement is not included here. I think that the members of the Rainbow Community could still get the medical attention that they need provided that it is not on the issue of child-bearing, birthing, post-abortive services, etc. as provided by the Law.

    2. There is a misreading, I think on the part of the married persons. The law talks about the consensual decision of the couple of availing some of the services provided by the law.

    3. Regarding on the HIV and other infectious disease question: Even without the RH Law, the LGBT community had had an access to the AIDS management services as it is provided by the UN AIDS fund. The anti-retroviral drugs, as far as I know, are available to all provided that the UN funds could sustain it.

    4. I think that the aforementioned provision of the Responsible Parenthood Act of 2012 doesn't contradict the fact that everyone is guaranteed to access what is safe and that would not harm the fertilized ovum. Abortion, as we all know, is illegal to the Philippines and that abortion could not be considered as a form of a family planning or birth control.

    To be clear, I too, is a member of the LGBTQI community since I am a bisexual. However, there had been some misconceptions that you have presented herein, that yours truly, I think need some clarifications.

    N.B.: I am one of those who campaigned on the passage of the Law for the past 3 years and even helped an NGO to setup their monthly media meetings about the RH Law.

    Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isulong ang equality for LGBT! Mya kakosa! Tara!

    <3

    ReplyDelete