Pages

April 2, 2013

QUEERies Part 2


I AM B-A-C-K IN MANILA!!! Did anyone of my dear RANTers missed me (Or am I just imagining it)?

Well here it is, the second part of my QUEERies. It took me exactly F-I-V-E days to have the right mood to do this (Do I really need a “right” mood to do any blog?).


Now, you may ask (Did I just hear a “BOO!” again?) on what took me so long before I did the part two. Well to make a long story short, what really happened is that I got sick (Weh?!) from March 29-31,2013 and that includes me F-A-I-N-T-I-N-G. Then again, that’s another story and maybe next time I’ll tell you that one (Lola Basyang?).

So without further ado (Wow! It feels like I’m introducing myself for me to start a speech/lecture. One word. W-E-I-R-D!), let’s start the QUEERies…




~By “Marriage Equality” do you also mean to say “Same-Sex Marriage” too? Well if that is the case, N-O! Again, here in the Philippines, people are still CLOSE-MINDED when it comes to this kind of issue.



~I wouldn’t say that I have been “the” (Grammar Nazi!!!) target of homophobia but rather “a” target of it. It happened during my childhood days and during that time I was a fattie as well so it’s  not much of a G-O-O-D childhood memory for me.



~Oh come on! Really?! Again?! Just O-N-E thing?! Geez! There are a WHOLE lot of things that needs to be changed in this country but if you’re just asking for one thing then I guess it would be SELFISHNESS. Why? Because for me, that’s the R-O-O-T cause of every single problem that exists in our country and that includes having an LGBTQI Law. In my own perspective, if the homophobic, close-minded, heterosexual people would just STOP THINKING OF THEMSELVES just for a period of twenty-four hours then I guess that ould be the start of the change that we of the LGBTQI community wish of.



~You just gave me on S-I-N-I-S-T-E-R idea. (Insert “EVIL LAUGH” here) I just know of one particular politician whom I think is in the closet for a VERY LONG TIME. I would probably use it on that politician and ask that politician if he/she is GAY! (Insert one beautiful and long “EVIL LAUGH” here.)



~This isn’t Facebook for Regine’s (Velasquez) sake! I mean, come on! How can I tag my MOM here? Geez! You’re not thinking aren’t you (Or is it me who’s not)?



~Be yourself. You don’t need to hide to everyone else of who you really are. You need not (Wow! That’s deep!) be afraid of what everyone else will be saying about you. You will be successful. Trust me on this. JUST BE YOURSELF. (I am such a DRAMA QUEEN!)



~Hmm… I guess that would be to control minds so that I could control the minds of our politicians into passing and approving of an LGBTQI Law. (Insert a more B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L “EVIL LAUGH” here.) But what your GREEN MIND is telling you is actually a good idea too but I’d rather go with the first one.



~Need I say more? (This is so N-O-T ME!)



1. Prayers for Bobby (2009)
~This one heck of an inspirational movie for me. I would dedicate this movie to those homophobic parents whose sons and/or daughters are part of our community

2. A Big Gay Musical (2009)
~Now this is one heck of a laugh-trip if you’d ask me. Besides the H-O-T-N-E-S-S of “Adam”, this movie gives one (Heterosexual) the humour of accepting our brothers and sisters for who they really are and and the lesson that they shouldn't be treated as if what and who they are is some kind of disease.

3. R.E.N.T. (2005)
~Sorry but I’m a sucker for musicals. I mean, for one person to act, sing, and dance at the same time is a wonderful talent in my own perspective. I mean, not everyone can do it beautifully. So anyway, this movie focuses particularly on people living with HIV and dying of AIDS. So yeah, there is a lesbian couple and a gay couple involved in it.



Woah! I didn’t think I could answer all of these questions. *phew!* So I guess that would be it. If you have any more questions for me, then maybe next time (I said NEXT TIME! So just sit and stay put. Good boy!) I could answer those questions for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment