Pages

April 29, 2013

OPEN


Here I am again RANTers!!! Is this getting you annoying or what? Pleas bear (Not B-A-R-E) with me for a moment now. This would be the last post I’ll be doing today (I promise that).


Now, you may be thinking what the title means. Just to let everybody know, I am not opening a shop (Though I already have an online shop on Facebook named “Selene’s Crystal Bracelets”) but rather this is about me coming out; me showing my true self to everyone else.

To everyone in my family, I am already out of the closet. But to my relatives in the Northern Philippines, I still hide in the closet. Why? Try having uncles who have guns in their belts (They’re police officers not criminals!), won’t you get scared?

I mean, come on. Every gay guy who has relatives like them would get scared, right?

So every time I go there, ever since I came out of the closet to my family, the very G-A-Y clothes has to come out of the bag I’m bringing. I have to dress and act like a STRAIGHT guy. I mean, just last Holy Week I have to wear a bonnet just to hide my GAY HAIRDO.

So when I came back there in our province, exactly SEVENTEEN (17) days after I came back to Manila from there,  for my cousin’s wedding, I decided that it’s time to be myself. I have to show who I really am and if ever there would be any homophobic rant from them, I would G-L-A-D-L-Y stand my ground.

The wedding day came; I was a bit hesitant on removing my bonnet and wear my gayest outfit ever. I’m a bit nervous back then (And to think that I’ve already learned how to control my nervousness). So I just told myself, “Whatever! I am who I am. This is me. Take it or leave it.”

Me and my Goddaughter at the reception.


The wedding ceremony took place; no reaction, just smiles and laughter. Then came the reception after; again, just smiles and laughter.

The day just went on without me hearing any homophobic rants thrown at me and not even a single homophobic gesture. My relatives are still acting the way they’ve acted to me before. {Well, except for the part wherein they laugh at my jokes.)

After the event, I just thought to myself, “Why haven’t I done this before?”. If only I’ve done it a long way back then, then maybe I could’ve enjoyed everything that the real me enjoys. The ecstatic, energetic, and gay me; that the REAL ME.

So yeah, I am now O-P-E-N, open to everyone who wants to enjoy the real me. Open to being who I really am. I am now TOTALLY OUT OF THE CLOSET.

No comments:

Post a Comment